Home Theater United
December 27, 2021 8:00 PM EST
Special Guest Adrian Silva of Stewart Filmscreen
- Whatcha get for Christmas and or Boxing day???
- Sam’s got no screen on the wall, oh no! But the carpet is back and the walls are darker, dun dun dun!
- JVC NZ8 still delayed
- Matrix DRM Disaster
- Denon 1700h still delayed (best buy had stock for about an hour tho!)
- CES is coming!
- Brian’s Outlaw amp
Guest Interview Adrian Silva of Stewart Filmscreen:
- What's the general history of Stewart, have you always focused exclusively on screens?
- What are the different lines of screen materials and form factors?
- Can you tell us about your automated masking systems?
- Do you sell more 16x9 or ultra wide?
- How does someone make the call on materials? Can you talk about your web program that goes question by question to narrow it down?
- White versus grey?
- How do you select gain?
- Are laser sparkles and PJ hot spots big considerations?
- Can you order direct from Stewart or must you use a local rep / store?
- Can you tell us more about the Kaleidescape deal?
- Is there really a need for different materials with 8k?
- What’s in your own home theaters?
- Do you think CES 2022 will go? Will you attend or are you CEDIA focused?
Quick Good Bad and Ugly:
Sam - Spider-Man No Way Home Dolby Cinema
Brian - Mortal Kombat 2021 (Dick Tracy quick mention)
Adrian - A Christmas Story