April 5, 2021
Special Guests Nicholas Brown and Larry McGough of SVS Sound join us to discuss the launch of their new dual driver 3000 Micro Sub and more:
- History of SVS
- What are the advantages of a Dual Driver sub?
- Can we expect larger versions to hit the market? Is this the start of a whole new category?
- Does having a dual driver help eliminate problems like room nulls?
- Prime Elevation: Can you explain how they differ from bounce and ceiling mounted Atmos speakers? What’s the best way to set them up in your receiver?
- Any plans for adding integrated Atmos bounce speakers?
- SVS is down to two models that feature the iconic tube design, is the age of tube subs coming to a close?
- How has the reception been to Prime Wireless? I enjoyed my time testing it!
- Larry’s top 5 subwoofer movie demos
- SVS using augmented reality on website
- New SVS SoundPath accessories?
- SVS Live Streams on facebook and Youtube, when is the next audiophile happy hour and how has the reception to that been going?
- What do you wish your buyers understood about subs and speakers better, both before and after sales?
March 22, 2021
Aspect Ratios in the Streaming Age
Physical Media outlook
Podcasting today and in the future
March 8, 2021
Join hosts Brian and Sam as they welcome Justin Sluss from High Def Disc News to discuss his site HDDN, how he got started and where he sees the industry going:
- How did you get started doing the site? What’s your current staffing like? Are you looking for more reviewers?
- Are you 100% discs only still or do you dabble with streams?
- Putting up quality screenshots
- You've recently expanded to having a Youtube channel. How's that going? It's currently silent with just screenshot comparisons, any thoughts on adding commentary?
- What films that haven't made their way to disk yet do you most want to see?
- What do you think is the next step for home theater, what would you like to see?
- Do you think consumers have a strong enough voice in the hobby? Do sites like yours help give that voice a megaphone at all?
- What do you wish your readers understood about your job better?
- When are we going to do another hollywood or vegas meet up =)
Quick Good Band and Ugly:
February 25, 2021
Join hosts Brian and Sam as they welcome HTF co-owner Dave Upton to discuss how to correct and calibrate home theaters using tools such as Room EQ Wizard (REW) and Audyssey, plus tips for physically modifying room layout and using wall treatments.
- Dave’s history with HTF again and dealing with recent snow in Texas
- What is Room Correction technology?
- Isn’t Audyssey all you need?
- What can consumers who have receivers without Audyssey do?
- Why Room EQ Wizard?
- Do you have to be an engineer type to use REW?
- What can REW do that Audessey can’t?
- What modifications can one do to a room to ‘fix’ what REW shows?
- What else would Dave suggest folks look into to make their rooms sound better?
Also, Good, Bad and Ugly media reviews including Dave's latest pick!
February 8, 2021
Join hosts Brian and Sam as they welcome HTF Reviewer Todd Erwin to discuss the current state of streaming and how frustrations stack up for movie and TV lovers in this brave new world.
- Current state of the Streaming ecosystem
- Subscription Services
- PVOD/VOD Services
- Available and best Devices for streaming
- What does the future hold for streaming and what do we happens next in this space?
Also, Good, Bad and Ugly media reviews including Todd's latest review!
January 26, 2021
Join hosts Brian and Sam as they welcome HTF super fan John Rice to discuss using Amps and Separates in your home theater.
- Why would you choose to go this route over an integrated receiver?
- What are good brands to choose in this space?
- How does a system like Audessey work with external amps?
- Can using separates save you dough when new features come out?
Also, Good, Bad and Ugly media reviews including John's picks!
January 12, 2021
Brian Dobbs and Sam Posten talk CES 2021 and interview HTF Reviewers Todd Erwin and Josh Steinberg.
January 7, 2021
Announcing the launch of Home Theater United: The Home Theater Forum Podcast! Hosts Brian and Sam discuss why they have changed the name, where the podcast will be hosted, and detail their plans for more episodes that will better engage HTF members, reviewers, owners and listeners from beyond the forum.
January 7, 2021
Brian Dobbs and Sam Posten talk about what they have watched in 2020 -- the good, the bad, and the ugly. Listen in, as they try to guess where each other’s selections ended up.
January 7, 2021
Brian Dobbs and Sam Posten take a deep dive into how they store, organize, and display their home theater media collection. Sam embraces chaos, Brian is way more thoughtful. They also discuss the tchotchkes and other items that bring personality to their home theater areas.