April 28, 2022 4:30 PM EST
Pro Reviewer Caleb Denison of Digital Trends
- Sam’s pain: Got G2 77” on Monday. Installer not coming til next week.
- Sony tries to beat JVC’s 2022 projectors, Sam is not super impressed
Pro Reviewer Caleb Denison of Digital Trends:
- How would you describe your job, and how does Digital Trends fit in to the wider internet and home theater landscape?
- What's got you jazzed about 2022 panels, and what other tech are you tracking and reviewing? How has your “most anticipated” article shaken out so far? You dig the latest Macbooks I see, Love mine!
- How do you see the role of pro reviewers evolving given the flood of independent tech enthusiasts?
- You follow all the tiers of the market, right? How do you see the low end evolving?
- What's going on with 3D?
- Have we reached saturation and maturity on display tech? What do you see the next great leap being?
- What do you see as the biggest home theater issues that most users are facing? It’s 2022 and we are still using one way (ie dumb) RF tech to try to coordinate all our components. How has nobody fixed this? CAN anyone ever fix it?
- Is HDMI as big a mess as Sam thinks it is?
- Got an opinion on physical media vs streaming / buying digitally? Is it “And” or “Or” for you?
- Going big and going small. 42" and 97 OLED are finally arriving. The waiting is the hardest part.. Think either end will make any big waves in the market?
- Can projectors hope to compete and survive with panels nearing and beating 100 inches?
Quick Good Bad and Ugly:
Sam - The Northman
Caleb - Dune