Home Theater United
Episode 38 July 11, 2022 7:30 PM EST
Streaming Frustrations 2022 with Todd Erwin
Reconnection (5m or less):
- Amazon Prime day tonight at 12 midnight. Does Todd think the $120 Apple TV is a good deal or the best deal of all time? Pretty Awesome! - Best Buy is price matching that, 64Gb is $140, Roku Ultra $80, StreamStick 4K $30 (both are Roku sales, not Prime Day)
- The adventures of Terrific Man! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLuwa8vtOgB44qnnKovNDvysB_FmKQH0AG
Streaming Frustrations 2022 (Target time about 1h):
- Playstation removing content from paid customers lockers?!?!
- Lionsgate supports iTunes with unbearable weight. One off from a specific licensee or part of a long term shift?
- Why hasn’t movies anywhere expanded?
- Doctor stranger’s picture quality thread.
- Vudu/FandangoNow library merger
- Paramount+ (and HBO Max) HDR issue on Roku (both are now resolved)
- Disney+ and Netflix to add new lower cost ad-supported tiers
- Sony's inconsistency on HDR and Atmos across digital retailers
- Sony's content deal with both Netflix and Disney+/Hulu
- Content reverting back to studio-owned streaming after this year
- Best Streaming devices
Shout out to Spare Change talking the same subject tonight
Quick Good Bad and Ugly:
Sam - RRR
Todd - Cinderella (2021)